Home | Site Map | Watch | FAQ | History | Store | Contact

[ PREV | TIME-LINE | NEXT ] (The original video documentary covering this segment can be viewed here.)

The first thing I tried was a piano reduction, a score in which all the notes are presented on two staves:

The problem with this was that there was not enough indication of which notes belonged to which instrument.

I tried using colored ink ...

This was an improvement, but it still wasnít ideal. Noteheads are pretty small, and on the page a long note isnít any bigger than a short note, even though it sounds a lot bigger.

So, I made a bar-graph scroll...